Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Question is: What do I...what do WE BELIEVE?

Do I believe this?

1. All Scripture is God breathed and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work (I Timothy3:15-17)

And do I believe this?

2. ...but these (the Scriptures) are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name (John 20:31)

And do I believe this?

3. I was once dead in my trespasses and sins in which I once walked...I was by nature a child of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved me (us), even when I was dead in my tresspasses and sins made me alive in Christ....by grace have I (we) been saved...

For I am His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that I (we) should walk in them (Ephesians 2:1-10).

Then, adopting Mihret into our family (or any kind of orphan care, including giving of time or other resources) is one of those preordained works in which we should walk. For Scripture says,

4. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliciton and to keep oneself unstained by the world (James 1:27)

And this,

5. Open your mouth....for all who are destitute...defend the rights of the poor and needy (Proverbs 31:8-9)

And do I believe this?

6. In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He Himself said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).

Does the Body of Christ, the Church, in America believe this?

And do I believe this?

7. "Behold, children are a blessing/heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward"
(Psalm 127:3)

And, finally, the most crucial question about what I (and all mankind) believe is this:

Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6)

DO I believe that what I believe is REALLY real?
Jesus said,
"He who hears these words of mine and does them will be like
the wise man who built his house on the rock." (Matthew 7:24)

No comments: